Friday, August 21, 2009

Making Jam

It has been a bumper crop of raspberries this year!

At the end of July, Kevin's parents picked us 30 pints of raspberries from Auntie Linda's patch. I froze most them, but we also ate many fresh, did a bit of baking, and made jam.

I thought this would be the end of raspberries, but my mom and dad's raspberry patch is in super production mode, too!

I did some more baking, of course, including things I didn't post about (oh, the horrors!), but I have also been making MORE JAM!

And I have been getting some assistance from my sidekicks:





Dana got a bit vigorous with the potato masher and eventually required a respite.




Nora did a most excellent job and enjoyed mashing berries as much as I do. The only hard part about making this jam was giving up the berry mashing job. Because I think that part is really fun.

I have lost track of how many jars of raspberry jam we made, but I think the answer is 19. Wow, huh?

I picked another big bowl today, but I plan to just eat the berries in yogurt and on cereal for a change.

No comments: