Saturday, October 10, 2009

First Snow

Nora was the first one up this morning. She was halfway down the stairs when I heard her frantically yelling, "MOM! COME LOOK OUT THE WINDOW!"

I figured there were some deer under the porch roof or something. I did not expect to see white!



She got on all of her winter gear, grabbed a bowl, and went outside to collect snow.



And when Dana woke up a little while later, she put on her winter gear, too, and grabbed a bowl, too, and went outside, too.

I was very happy that I had the foresight to figure out snow pants and parkas a few weeks ago. I wasn't as fast with boots, but Nora was good in her galoshes and Dana squeezed her feet into last year's boots (with a lot of help and wrangling). I will be measuring feet as soon as they come in.

Now, I realize most of us Minnesota folk are not thrilled with snow on October 10. But I have to admit I am OK with it. The kids will be happy to play outside again (fall is so iffy around here), and I feel all cozy, with my banana bread in the oven and my coffee next to me. And really, once it's cold, does it matter if there is snow or not?

No comments: