Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bring on the Festivities!

I got a little sleep last night and am feeling a bit more like myself today. And so we...



...strung popcorn and cranberries onto yarn to make garland! Actually, popcorn is impossible to string. We broke like 15 pieces of popcorn with our darning needles before I finally had the brilliant idea to use packing peanuts instead. They worked much better, and I figured it was a good way to recycle a few of those crazy things. Plus the girls were thrilled that they got to eat that giant bowl of popcorn.




While the girls worked on their garlands, Kevin and I cut out this garland. Isn't is cute?




While I was hanging all of the new garland, the girls abandoned ship and went upstairs to play something elaborate with dress up clothes, stuffed animals, library books and Barbies.

Kevin was kind enough to clean up the mess a
bove, plus the insane mess the girls made on the floor snipping paper to make sweet ornaments for the tree.






And then, since the mess was all cleaned up by someone else, I made the girls come back downstairs to make clove oranges.


We have made these every year at ECFE, and the kids have always needed help getting the cloves into the oranges. This is the first year since we became parents that everyone is too old for ECFE, but I wanted to continue the tradition. And it was fun! The girls made faces with the cloves! So creative!

That's all the time we had for crafts this evening.

No comments: