Monday, May 10, 2010

Preschool Mother's Day Program

On Thursday, Dana's preschool put on a Mother's Day program.



The kids sang songs and did finger plays ("But not on a stage," says Dana), and then their "big helpers" seated us together and served us treats.




Dana was pretty happy to have a sundae at noon.

I should have taken a photo, but I was still reeling from the cuteness of the singing and I didn't think of it, but the kids decorated place mats for us moms and they wrapped flowers around our napkins so the treats would be extra fancy. Dana was so proud of this! The first half of our gifts were also at our spots. The previous week they painted terracotta pots, then went upstairs to the greenhouse and planted things in them. Dana chose a spider plant for me.




Doesn't every mom love anything with her child's hand print on it? This was so sweet. There's a little poem inside, and then she signed her name in her sweet, lilting print.




Dana had to take a photo of me holding up my gift. This is so awesome-the big helpers and the teachers put together a memory book full of photos and captions about each child's year at preschool. We still look at Nora's memory book and were so excited to see Dana's!

After she took the photo, I looked over and Dana was all teared up.
"What's wrong?" I asked her.
"I just love you so much, Mama."
Let's just say she wasn't the only one teared up at that point.

Later, I recounted this story to Kevin and she got embarrassed. "Mama, I wasn't CRYING! Sometimes my eyes water when I yawn!" Sure. Whatever. Wink wink.

I can't believe this little one will be graduating preschool next week and moving on to kindergarten in a few short months. Bittersweet times around here.


No comments: