Monday, October 6, 2008

Kevin's Hat: Halfdome in the Round

I finished Kevin's hat last night. Yay! I had four rounds left so I brought it to Sunday dinner at my mom and dad's house and finished it there. I have to say I am pleased with it. I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and oh my is it wonderful! You have never felt yarn so soft. It isn't even a bit itchy-it is perfect. I have another project planned with it in white, but that is a surprise...



Kevin modeling his new hat.



A view from the top. I learned something new with this hat: I knit really tight. OK, I technically already knew that. What I didn't know is that it affects how high my rows are. See, I ran out of yarn five inches into this and the nice lady at Fabric Works told me it is because I knit so tight. Lesson learned. For any of you knitters out there who want to try this out, I found the pattern here.

1 comment:

eight feet said...

It looks great, Alissa! That cashmerino is lovely stuff.