Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Day of Second Grade

School is back in session!



Did you know that I am secretary of the PTA this year? Well, I am. And the PTA sponsored a parent social on the first day of school, primarily for kindergarten parents and parents new to the school. Since I had to be there anyway, I drove Nora to school the first day. So here she is, posing outside the school doors. She was thrilled to go back-she was just facing the sun and was very squinty.




After we got home, Dana and I baked cupcakes to celebrate Nora's first day back. Nora loves cupcakes even more than I do, if you can believe that!




Here are Kevin and Dana, waiting for the bus to drop Nora off. It was very hot, and the bus was almost 45 minutes late. We were so happy to see it coming up our road!




Here's the second grader getting off of the bus.




...and since I drove her on day one, here she is getting on the bus on day 2.

Second grade is off to a great start!

No comments: