Sunday, December 28, 2008

Homemade Christmas

This year, I tried to make as many gifts as possible. Here are some photos documenting my, um, overzealous efforts.



Here is Dana in her purple fleece robe. She is looking out into Grandma Bev and Grandpa Jerry's yard. You see, there were sleigh marks and reindeer hoofprints in the snow on Christmas morning! How magical!




Nora working in her scratch book wearing her pink fleece robe. She LOVES it and wears it every day. I am not that good at sewing but the more I work on it, the more I enjoy it. I think the robes turned out pretty cute, especially considering I used a pattern I found in my sewing box and spent less than $15.00 on both robes, including thread.




Nora is modeling the hat I knit for Keenan, her cousin. One of his most favorite movies ever is The Nightmare Before Christmas, so when I came across this pattern in Knitty, I knew immediately that I had to make it for him. We celebrated with my side of the family today at 4pm and I finished embroidering the details at 3:05. Phew! And he seems pretty happy with it. I love Nora's spooky hands in this photo.




So Zak went to Milwaukee with my mom in October. He bought this really nice yarn there and asked me to knit him socks with it for Christmas. I finished these yesterday. I actually sprained my thumb trying to finish them-I kid you not. There is nothing quite like knitting as fast as you can with pain shooting down your thumb. Though I cursed these socks for the last moments, I overall very much enjoyed knitting them and am waiting for my thumb to get over itself so I can start another pair. Will they be for me? Kevin? I haven't decided yet...

These particular socks were knit with a bamboo/wool blend, which was super nice to work with. Zak had to work tonight so he missed our Christmas celebration and I haven't heard from him yet regarding whether they actually fit him. Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: