Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

Here are a few Easter photos.

A week before Easter, Nora "reminded" us that we "...always sleep at Grandma's house the night before Easter." Oddly, none of the grownups remember this tradition, but Nora was so convincing that we did pack our overnight bags. Easter is her all-time favorite holiday and I wasn't about to poke holes in her fun.



Speaking of fun, Nora got up at 6:30am, and Dana and I got up a bit after 7am. Normally, I have to haul Nora out of bed after 8:00, so this was interesting. Though typical of kids and holidays, I think.

Anyhow, they found TWO baskets each and the went on a lengthy Easter egg hunt. The Bunny hid 3 dozen plastic eggs filled with goodies all around Grandma and Grandpa's house.



Around noon, Grandma's Bev's cousin Jan came over to dye eggs with us. I think it took about an hour to dye 2 dozen eggs. And to eat a few...




Jan brought a roll of masking tape and cut out shapes (polka dots, grass, etc.) to stick to the white eggs. She helped the girls put on the shapes, dye the eggs one color, peel off the tape, and re-dip them so the main egg was one color and the pattern was another color. It was incredibly cool and so fun! She also did some fancy calligraphy, which the girls loved!

Jan brought a loaf of no-knead bread and even brought the recipe. I am going to start a loaf after I convince Dana to get out of the tub. It has been almost 2 hours and there she sits, wrinkling away. Anyhow, I will let you know how the bread goes. She fancied hers all up with some herbs, flax meal, rye flour, and whole wheat pastry flour. I haven't decided what to do with mine yet.

No comments: