Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Little Decoupage

All week, the weather was cool and rainy. So I decided to have a craft project party. I figured we needed some organized fun inside. Except that the sun came out.


Not that I am complaining! We just hauled the supplies out to my green table in the yard. I didn't think to grab my camera until the big kids were done and had moved on to the swingset, but I did manage to capture Tara, Charity, Josie and Dana.




Here are our candle holders. Aren't the pretty? We used Mod Podge and tissue paper to decorate glass jars from the recycling bin, and then we tossed some tea lights into them. The kids enjoyed this, but so did the moms.




Nora covered her jar in pink and blue hearts. Dana preferred to rip chunks of tissue paper to her liking, primarily in purple. She did allow some hearts on hers, too, and then added some green for good measure.

I have a whole lot of Mod Podge left, and I am thinking of more fun ways to use it. It's cool stuff!

No comments: