Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Indoor Summer Fun

This is quite the summer we are having! Last week it was in the 90s pretty much every day. This week, it has been cold and wet. They predicted a high of 46 today. On July 1. I know. Don't get me started! Needless to say, we have been playing inside a lot.



Here, Super Girl Nora has set up a surprise wedding for Princess Dana. I love the details, from a stuffed animal audience, to the pink furry stole around her neck, to wildflowers grabbed from the woods.




Here, the girls took four chairs from the dining room table and turned them into a cozy bed. Nora is on the right, but only her hair is visible.




I took the cold weather as a sign to bake. I made carrot cake cookies, which sounded awesome, look tasty, but were unimpressive. They are kind of flavorless. Even with cream cheese frosting sandwiched between two cookie layers, they are disappointing. I guess I will have to try something else today! Darn!

No comments: